The agriculture, food security and environment sector is one of the priorities of the Afghan Government’s National Priority Programmes – NPPs. More than 80% of Afghanistan’s population directly and indirectly are engaged with Agriculture sector. The IADC with government of Afghanistan support Citizens’ Charter and the Comprehensive Agricultural Development Programme which are two of the NPPs for foster and develop agriculture in the country to increase the productivity and income es of Afghan farmers with focus on Agri-Business, build value chains that connect farmers, processors, and wholesalers; and expand opportunities to export Afghan goods to international markets.
- Supported Agriculture and Rural Development (AID N. 9465), 2,255,000 Euros, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock.
- IADC contributed to the Citizens Charter Afghan Project (AID N. 11393), 2.500,000 Euros.
- Facilitated 1,995,000 Euros to Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock to Support Agriculture and Rural Markets in Herat and Bamiyan Provinces (AID N. 11504).
- Supported Sustainable Lands and Water Management in Herat and Bamiyan Provinces, (AID N. 11654), 4,000,000 Euros, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock.
- Supported Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development for WASH project in Herat, Farah and Bamiyan Provinces, (AID N. 11388). 4,000,000 Euros